Chin & Lip Augmentation
A well-defined chin plays a major part in balancing the face and creating a pleasing profile. The ideal size of the chin depends on other factors such as the overall size of your face, size of your nose, and other facial features.
Chin augmentation, also called mentoplasty or genioplasty, can produce gratifying results in enhancing facial harmony.
Chin Implants Can Improve:
- A weak or receded chin, which makes the face pointed and may make the neck appear bigger
- A strong or protruding chin that is not proportioned to other features of the face
- A small chin relative to a large nose
- A chin that appears too narrow
- A blunted or obtuse neck appearance
Full, luscious lips have long been universal symbols of youth, beauty, and sensuality. Plump lips, especially those with an accentuated border, make for a pleasing focal point in one’s overall appearance.
Unfortunately, not all of us are blessed with naturally full lips. Aging also diminishes the youthfulness of our lips: the V-shaped area of our upper lip flattens out giving it a thin and asymmetric look; fine lines, or in some cases, smoker’s lines, become visible; and overall, our mouth begins to droop.
Lip augmentation can rejuvenate aging lips or enhance them to make them fuller and more defined. Options range from laser treatments to injectable fillers, but for those who are seeking permanent enhancement, surgical lip augmentation is the procedure of choice.
Permanent lip augmentation involves the use of synthetic lip implants. Surgeons offer state-of-the-art options in implants for lip augmentation. These include Gore-Tex®, SoftForm, soft ePTFE, and the latest FDA-approved saline-filled facial implant VeraFil.
These synthetic lip implants can:
- Make lips fuller and more supple
- Enhance and give definition to the lips
- Restore youthfulness to the lips
- Correct fine lines on the lips
- Maintain the lips’ soft and natural feel (suppleness varies for each material)
- Provide permanent but reversible results
- Not be absorbed by the body unlike other lip-enhancing materials
- Maintain their size and not shrink
Based on your aesthetic goals, your MAXiM-affiliated surgeon will recommend which implant would be best for you. You will also be furnished with pre- and post-op instructions prior to the procedure.
To learn more about chin and lip augmentation, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Schedule Your Free Chin or Lip Augmentation Consultation
To schedule your free chin or lip augmentation consultation, call the MAXiM-affiliated center nearest you or submit the contact form on this web site.